Thursday, January 23, 2014

Pachel Bel Kanon

If someone had said, "You should listen to Pachel Bel Kanon," I probably would have skipped it.  To me it was some classical piece written by a guy named Paco.  Mexican music.  Heard one, you heard em all.  Fortunately, for this dunce, my first experience of the Kanon was in the wonderful, moving movie, Ordinary People.  I was very moved by the movie, though it was a painful story.  Forever after, I connect the movie I loved, with the Kanon I now love.  Experience is so important, if you are to love anything or anyone.  My love for Jesus came out of stories people told me, that I felt moved the story teller.  I only read at the books later.  That is why I preach from experience, including my whimsical stories of growing up with my big sister Maureen.  Spiritually, I guess I am a bit of a lightweight for adults.  Children still like my "experiences."  Well, they have souls too.

No comments:

Post a Comment