Sunday, January 26, 2014

Choices

My Dad was a NewYork Yankees baseball fan.  He passed it on to me.  Our rotting for the Yankees bonded us, especially when the World Series came around each October.  But then I chose independence.  That has always been my fatal flaw.  I choose independence over bonding.  I picked the New York Giants as my baseball team.  It was the team of my friend in the apartment below us.  My choice bonded me with my friend, but he was a short-term friend.  My dad was a lifelong dad.  Dad and I never enjoyed baseball together again, especially when the my team and his played against one another in the World Series.  After years of choosing independence, I think that I would now choose bonding.  Some values take a long time to rise up for some of us.  I am glad that my God is patient and that the door to a spiritual path is always open.

No comments:

Post a Comment