Saturday, January 25, 2014

The Ineffable

I first saw her coming down the escalator to the display room at the Ford Exhibit of the World's Fair.  Of the thousands of people who had come down that escalator that summer, she is the only one I really "saw."  The experience began with that first look.  The awareness of a presence that moved me.  Would she come over to my display station next to the new Mustang car Ford had unveiled that year?  She would. I was aware of her presence in the large display room even before she came over.  She did not rush over.  It heightened the excitement.  We talked.  What we said is of no matter.  It was the look, one to another.  Our lives were changed from then on, like any spiritual experience.  It happened but defies words of explanation.  It is where science and the spiritual meet.  Some things just "are" but cannot be put into words.  It is called love.

1 comment: