Thursday, May 28, 2015

Grass To Bread

Bread was once grass.  That is quite a transformation.  Wheat, corn and rice were grass looking things at one time, all from the grass looking family.  Time, additions of other things to the wheat, tender touch and patience all go into the transformation.  It is a great metaphor for spiritual development.  We grow physically, but if that is all, we do not become very nourishing for others who seek a good person in their life.  We need a tender touch from the right people.  We need their patience with our interior growth.  Lots goes on with wheat becoming bread that is not visible.  God is at work in the soul, but wants some help from us with one another.  I had tender touch, patient people in my life, the ingredients of a spiritual program, and it all works out to make me more than what I once was.  I had the potential as we all do.  Someone once called bread his body.  He was pretty transformed.

No comments:

Post a Comment