Monday, May 11, 2015

Times Change

One of the benefits of going to Art Museums, such as the one I visited in San Francisco, while I am supposed to be working, is that I get to see how styles change as the culture changes.  What was "IN" centuries ago, is "OUT" now.  We need to remember this when we knock ourselves out to have a certain modern or contemporary look.  Styles and taste change.  In the art I saw, women were heavy by today's standards.  White hair was fashionable in that past era. Men wore skirts. We get so hung up on being today.  Just be yourself.  Maybe you will come back into style in your lifetime.  I try and be practical and comfortable and not worry much about what people will think.  It is nice to not have a boss.  It comes with not having much of a job either.  I have to work on that part!

No comments:

Post a Comment