Monday, May 25, 2015

Hidden Flavor

Add celery to your chicken broth.  Celery will add flavor.  Celery seems to have zero flavor.  True, but with some heat, you will find hidden celery flavor brought out which will make the broth taste better.  This is a principle of the spiritual life.  Addiction recovery is an example.  A person is a rotten, mean, nasty drunk.  The person is "no good."  Flavor the person with AA meetings, fellowship and steps, and something comes forth you did not know was there before in that very person.  Spiritual practice is the heat that is added to our somewhat tasteless life, and voila, you have a flavored life!  We all need the right spiritual ingredients to bring out the best in ourself.  I do a little meditation, bible reading, exercise, walking, and special prayers I have learned, talking with others on the journey, and good stuff comes forth from me.  I don't do all every day.  But each day I try and flavor my life with spirit.  Sometimes, people, just a few, say that my sermons feed them.  Maybe my blogs too?  Once in a while?

3 comments:

  1. I consume a fair amount of broth. When I am disciplined, I often even have heated water and bullion cubes for lunch. It is sustenance. So too your blogs! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once in awhile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely, sermons and blogs

    ReplyDelete