Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Looking Your Age

A 27 year old woman said that I do not look 72.  I thought, "What does a young woman think 72 is supposed to look like?"  Is there a norm?  I suspect for a young woman of 27, her idea of 72 is pretty much near death.  It is nice to have someone say I don't look my age.  It makes me think all those years of beating myself up on the trails and in the gyms has kept me young.  Now that I have to cut back exercise because I am healing from surgery, I will get fat and old all of a sudden.  Dorian Grey will be how I will wake up suddenly one morning.  My doctor and my blog readers told me not to do too much.  I am listening…and waiting.

1 comment:

  1. May 13 was my younger daughter's 30th birthday, which made me think about my own age. Currently, I'm wrestling with concussive injury syndrome, which severely curtails my physical and mental energy. It makes me feel OLD, a state of affairs I hadn't expected to deal with for about another 15 years! I'm trying to cultivate patience, a virtue I've been rather short on up to this point. I saved Teihard's "On Patience" to my computer desktop so I can read it often.

    ReplyDelete