Friday, August 28, 2015

Knoxville

I will be in Knoxville, Tennessee next Thursday for a couple of days of teaching and preaching.  I had this idea that I was beloved there, being a nice pastor most of my eight years in Knoxville.  Now I am not so sure.  Everyone is leaving town!  Actually, this is good for my ego.  It keeps me rightsized.  I am not the Second Coming.  I would like to think that I am, but that is in my more delusional moments.  The reality for most of us is that everyone else has plans, lives to live, and we simply fit in whenever it happens to work out.  I picked Labor Day weekend, no home football game.  This is a prime time for people to travel and visit relatives and friends.  The people who invited me to teach wanted me there Labor Day Weekend.  I hope someone shows up?  Then again, God is in charge.  I can only show up with no expectations.  That is a sobering thought!  I will leave some room in my suitcase for M&Ms. One can only hope.

1 comment: