Sunday, August 16, 2015

Light Or Darkness

When I examine my conscience each evening, I  try to ask myself if I was the light today or the darkness.  I start out my morning trying to prepare myself to focus on being the light.  Whining is not optional.  Complaining is the doorway to the darkness.  Gossip is anathema to the light.  Now, I have some very unsuccessful days here and there.  But mostly I am a mix, or as some say, I am mixed up.  Those are my conservative "fans."  One thing about my way of life is that I come across all kinds of people.  They may not fit my schedule for the day.  They were not in my plans.  It is good to take my plans lightly.  The unexpected is the invitation to be the light.  It is easier to be the light when I get my way.  But that is not going to make me all I am created to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment