Sunday, August 9, 2015

The Pope Said?

I read this in one of the posts that talk about what is going on in Vatican and other church circles.  It is a benign web site, but this came to my attention:
September 30, 2013 the Pope says that God does not condemn LGBT individuals.  I think it was aa America Magazine interview.
March 5, 2014 the Pope said that the church could be open to civil unions.  Apparently, he said it also as the Archbishop of Buenos Aires.
The Philadelphia visit with Archbishop Chaput ought to be very interesting.  The Pope really said this?  Who'd a thought!

3 comments:

  1. My favorite:Who am I [are we] to judge?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are many in the Church hierarchy who feel that they are given the job to judge and they do so loudly.

      Delete
  2. You can judge actions, but not the heart. I see no way the church could recognize same sev "unions". This is another, "Pope Francis said this"moments, but when you actually read what he said, it's not the case. Francis did say on Friday 4 September that, "Gossip is terorrism". Media can be guilty of gossip too.

    ReplyDelete