Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Happy Birthday

Today is my birthday.  I am 75 today.  I tell everyone it is my birthday.  This could be problematic.  If I kept it quiet and was not so self-referential, then if someone said, "Happy Birthday" I would be happy and joyous!  But if I tell everyone, and no one seems all that interested, no cake and candles, no chocolate and such, then I would go into the tank and get whiney.  I would start to think, "Boulder has abandoned me."  "No one cares."  "My life is in ruins. I am alone in a world of darkness"  You get the point.  So there is a lot on the line today.  On top of all this, it is Holy Week in the Catholic Church and everyone Catholic feels badly about partying during Holy Week.  Since I am not too good a Catholic, this is not my issue.  So I hope all my non-Catholic and bad Catholic friends come through for me.  If not, I will work on acceptance tomorrow.  But my prayer list will be a lot shorter if that is the case.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! a Milestone, of sorts...
    Hope you have a fine dinner with friends and chocolate cake for dessert - with candles
    We love you, even when we don't say so...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! If my mother was still alive, you would have received cards, before, during and after. She was indeed special....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Fr. Terry!

    ReplyDelete