Thursday, February 1, 2024

Busy Believer

 Another type of believer is the busy one doing a long list of good works.  They are building up their resume for when they get to the gates of heaven.  Efficiency is important because there is not enough time, it seems, to do all that God seems to want this person to do.  For them, there is no rest on the Seventh Day.  Meditation gets nothing done.  Just to sit there, accomplishing nothing anyone can measure, is pointless.  It will not go onto the vitae for that heavenly interview.  Be busy doing good deeds and impress God, is the way to go for this person.  Meditators might make it to purgatory where they can reflect on how much time they wasted sitting there or taking a nature walk.  

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad I don't choose to live that way, it sounds stressful. I'm thankful my meditation/prayer time helps me slow down to be open to each opportunity the new day presents. ;)

    ReplyDelete