Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Retirement

A spiritual practice has no retirement.  It is the one job that never ends.  Whatever you did or do in order to grow as you have, does not stop with today.  You do a spiritual practice one day at a time until you no longer can, like with death.  I hear people say, “I have been a Christian, Buddhist, Hindu, Moslem for thus and so long.  Jews say they are Jews.  Recovering addicts give you their time of sobriety.  My question: “What are you doing today?”  The spiritual path can never be lived yesterday or tomorrow with its good intentions.  I try to do something of this path early in the day, lest I fool myself into thinking I will do it “later.”  Later often never comes.  

1 comment:

  1. Love this. Such a gift to be able to start the day off connecting with Love, prayer and meditation (and your blog!). It's just part of life now and I'll be forever grateful.

    ReplyDelete