Monday, February 12, 2024

The Silence

 My team lost the Super Bowl.  Taylor Swift’s team won in sudden overtime fashion.  We turned off the TV.  Silence in the room.  Then I noticed that the streets of San Francisco, and I live in a busy downtown Chinatown, are dead silence.  It sounded like 3:00 AM.  No cars, no fireworks and no people walking around.  We are a stunned town.  My 49ers had the lead and then we did not.  It is a bit like death.  You live with it for a while.  Something has ended, unwanted.  In time, we will become thankful that we were in the Super Bowl.  Only two teams make it this far each year.  If you don’t care about the 49ers, but you live in San Francisco, I would keep a low or profile for a while.  Recovery will be slow.  “Wait till next year” is not on our agenda at the moment.  I still am wearing my “Purdy” shirt.  

No comments:

Post a Comment