Thursday, September 13, 2012

Heart Signals

If the heart is sending all these signals to the brain, I might listen more to what the brain thinks about a run each day.  If the brain seems to be saying, "Take it easy," it might be the heart saying that it wants a "time out."  I used to think that I was just being a wimp.  I often do enjoy my run even when I don't feel like "running."  What I notice on those days, is that I might start out more slowly than usual.  I might vary my run from the schedule.  What is the point of running in misery?  Since my heart knows things before they are going to happen, the signal that I need to preserve my energy that morning, may be because I will need it for later in the day for some person or event I do not foresee.  

There is no feast day for "The Sacred Brain of Jesus."  There is one for "The Sacred Heart of Jesus."  In the world of spirituality the heart is celebrated.  Prayer is the school of the heart.  All other schools seem to be more focused on the brain.  You wonder why there is so much unhappiness in schools?  So much boredom?  Bullying? Closed groups? Hoarding?  Mine and not yours?  No school of love in all this stuff.  

No comments:

Post a Comment