Monday, September 3, 2012

Yankees Giants World Series

It won't happen.  The Yankees have no pitching and the Giants lack hitting.  If the Giants could have the Yankee hitters to go with the Giant pitching the Giants would win all the time or enough to become World Champions.  I would not have to suffer the anxiety of the Sports pages.  Every day would begin with happiness, or almost every day during the baseball season which is very long.  If my day were complete when only into my morning coffee, would I ever turn to God?  Thus the Yankees and Giants must be imperfect in order for me to have a cross and maybe even to bear it.

Some of you don't care about sports.  Well, you have saved yourself from some suffering, anxiety, struggle with hope and faith that the world is fair or even good.  I have learned from sports that imperfection is our way of life on this earth.  No one has it all.  So I deal with envy, jealousy, self-pity, whining, resentment, fear, and despair, just to name a few items.  "If only I had.." I would say to myself.  The truth is that I do have enough of whatever I need.  I have God.  I have a God who loves me.  I am always a winner.  Some days I don't see this.  My loss.  I am not the Yankees or the Giants.  I am God's beloved child and everyday can be winning the World Series, game seven, walk off home run.  Attitude, attention, patience and practice.

1 comment:

  1. God knew that we were struggling with the concept of faith, so he gave us the gift of sports. When I while away an afternoon rooting for my team, I practice faith--and when I don't get the outcome I want, I still believe in my team. At times, they give me comfort. Just like God.

    ReplyDelete