Friday, September 21, 2012

Slow Down


In the monastery the monks work and get a lot done.  We run a business and have to work, be efficient, get things done.  We have a monastery that needs to be kept clean, food cooked, etc.  But the monks do not move fast or talk much, yet they get a everything done that needs doing.  In The City, people work but go at a very fast pace, and seem to talk a lot, and at the end of the day, have still more things yet to be done.  Loud and frenetic pace does not seem all that efficient.  Slow down and shut up.  I find it makes space to recognize and stay in contact with Love, the Holy Presence all around and within me.  

That is why I run slowly.  God is very old and does not move so fast anymore.  Once, God made the universe in six days.  Wow!  I used to run a mile a lot faster too, when I was young, and less prayerful, more frenetic.  God and I are moving slowly, together.  

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back to Boulder Terry!

    "I'm late, I'm late. For a very important date!
    No time to say hello! Good-bye!
    I'm late! I'm late! I'm late!
    The Mad Hatter from Alice in Wonderland

    ReplyDelete