Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Inner and Outer Self

At times, people come up to me and say, "Father, you look good.  You look happy.  You look rested.  You seem to be at peace."  I am not aware of any of this.  I did not see any of this in the mirror earlier that morning.  What I do recall is that on those days, I had spent quiet time in solitude with God before I encountered the person who just spoke with me.  The inner self is reproduced in the outer self.  The inner gives birth to the outer.  Want to look good and spend zero money on cosmetics, and gym costs?  Meditate.  Oh, but I do work out!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Fr. Terry,
    Well, I am about your age and I work out regularly, but I can't recall anyone ever saying to me that I looked rested or seem to be at peace! Therefore, I'd like to request that you schedule a Saturday morning seminar on meditation; as soon as possible please.
    Welcome back to Boulder!

    ReplyDelete