Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Our Dog

Our rectory dog is built for speed.  It can go from inertia, or a slow walk, to sprinting full out in an instant.  Yet it can also run forever it seems.  And it does not work out at all.  it eats, sits and sleeps, like some priests I know!  Ooops!  I've said too much.  Anyhow, back to the dog.  It is unfair that dog has all this talent and I do not.  I am built for slow running without much endurance.  But my mind seeks to have me run fast and forever.  I am Frankenstein, built with a bunch of parts that do not quite fit together.  What to do?  I train.  Everyone runs faster and more effortlessly than I.  I stop training, and feel like a slug.  For me, the answer is "acceptance."  As Popeye says, "I yem what I yem."  God has a plan.  Or maybe God just wanted to make a funny joke of a person.  Whatever, I think that I can still enjoy eternal life.  Why? Well, God likes variety.  That is why I am me.  See you on the road to happy destiny.

No comments:

Post a Comment