Sunday, January 20, 2013

Florida

I am off to Florida.  By the time you read this, I will be there, in shorts and tee shirt, jogging in my new Saucony shoes of outrageous color!  I will read the NewYork Times every day.  I will watch my 49er football team with priests who actually like to watch sports, something I do not find anywhere else I live.  I will sit at the ocean, on the boardwalk, under a roof, drinking my Latte and bakery muffin.  I will splash in the shallow, salt water and watch the sharks.  I will have meetings with old friends who are wiser than I am.  I will baptize a baby, so that I can say I went there for work.  I will have a family reunion, but not the whole time I am there.  Please!  I need my quiet time.  I will pray.  Why did I leave the prayer part till last?  It is a struggle to be good, even in Paradise!

2 comments:

  1. Mallory's in Winter Garden..... Where are you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mallory's in Winter Garden..... Where are you?

    ReplyDelete