Thursday, January 17, 2013

Thirty Years


Why did it take Jesus thirty years to go public.  Well, he is God.  When God took on our human condition God realized how hard it is for a human to be good, do good, be all God meant for us to be.  "Hey God!  Now you know how tough it is to be human."  I suspect that Jesus took thirty years to practice how he meant for us to live.  If it took God thirty years to get it right, how about me?  Following Jesus is really hard to do.  Some of us make it easy on ourselves.  Fantasy.  We live in mediocrity, but tell ourselves, if we reflect on it at all, that we are doing fine.  In fact our behavior might be no better than that of an atheist who can be kind, and good without believing in any God.  Belief apparently does not affect behavior.  So what will make us Christian in a transformed way?  I suspect that if you read the instruction book, e.g. the New Testament Gospels, you might find the answer.  I have.  This is how I found out I was merely living in mediocrity.  Well, reality is a start.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wanted
    to say that I have really enjoyed surfing around your blog posts.
    In any case I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again very soon!

    my site ... vigrx pills

    ReplyDelete