Saturday, January 19, 2013

Multiple Images

In the Scriptures it says, "God is Love."  I like that.  I can mess up and God loves me.  Get up and try again.  So what if my spiritual life is a mediocrity.  God loves me.  I could run an evangelical mega church.  But then I found out that it also says that "God is a consuming fire."  Oops!  That must be an old image and the love one is the new image, right?  But what if I am wrong?  What if mediocrity has its consequences?  I hear people say "mediocrity" in their spiritual or recovery programs led to...you got it, a consuming fire experience.  Personally, I am hedging my bets.  The mega feel good church, well, feels good.  But feelings can fool you as to what is real.  I will ask for grace, and then daily effort, to raise my bar up from mediocrity.

No comments:

Post a Comment