Thursday, January 24, 2013

When Is Enough

Did you ever notice that when you had just a little of something you were quite grateful. You are very thirsty and you get one glass of water.  Yummy and fulfilling.  You sense that you are broke and then you find a dollar in the couch.  Wow!  Surprise.  Then what happens when you have a lot.  It is never enough.  "More" seems to be the mantra of our middle class.  How many of anything do we really need?  We are so happy to get that one good warm coat.  Then we get two and so on it goes.  If I had no running shoes, I would be so happy to have the first pair.  But the second pair won't make me as happy as when I got that first pair.  So I buy a third pair to try and get as happy as I once was.  It does not work.  I become a shoe-a-holic.  Less is more.  I think Jesus knew that.

1 comment:

  1. I agree. Perfection is appreciating what is.

    ReplyDelete