Monday, January 21, 2013

Inspiration

I gave a workshop recently to people who have their lives a lot more together than I do.  I made a connection between contemplative prayer or deep meditation, and the fourth column of the fourth step in a twelve step program of recovery.  People told me how helpful that was and how they had not heard it before.  The truth is, I never heard it before either. None of it was in my notes before me.  It came to me while I was talking.  This is what I call Grace.  God works this way.  Left to my own power I am an idiot.  It would take an enormous amount of energy to keep this a secret.  I don't have that energy, but God does.  On top of this, God inspires me to say things I have never thought about before saying them.  Some people say, "Father, you are wonderful."  If only they knew.  But better they don't and God's work be done through me.  I mean, somebody has to do it!

1 comment: