Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Gun Control

Someone said that the answer to shootings in schools is to reintroduce prayer into the public schools.  The absence of prayer is part of the problem, they say.  Well, I think that the Islamic fundamentalist would heartily agree, but the prayer they want is theirs and no one else's.  They pray, and then they go and blow up innocent children in market places.  They pray and murder.  I am not  against inclusive prayer in schools, but why would you make the public school the focus of prayer if there is none at home?  Does this not become one more thing that we want the government to do for us because we won't do it for ourselves?  I did not need some watered down prayer in my public school.  I had prayer at home and in my church.  What if, instead of buying assault rifles, one prays and teaches prayer at home, and then continues this with public worship where we have a sense of a world larger than ourselves.

1 comment:

  1. Prayers have nothing to do with Gun Control

    ReplyDelete