Thursday, January 31, 2013

Sharp Knife

I reach into the kitchen drawer for a sharp knife. I go to the section where the sharp knives are and pick out one of them. It looks sharp. It cuts nothing. Worthless. I get upset. Why? This certainly is not the first time a so called "sharp knife" is useless.  The question is rather why do I continue to expect all such knives to behave thus and so? Idiot priests are forever putting such knives into the dishwasher. Bogus knives are forever"on sale."  I would have a better day by lowering my expectations are enjoying surprises when a knife truly cuts sharply.

Priests are like dull knives that appear sharp. We get upset that they look like priests but don't deliver. Remember that these are the same guys that put sharp knives into the dishwasher and dull them. Lower your expectations. Enjoy surprise when you run into a really sharp priest, or minister, or rabbi for that matter.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like we are supposed to be masters of our own spiritual path and not just rely on "the church" or "the priest" to do it all for us. Could it be there is more than just showing up to religion and relationship with God?

    ReplyDelete