Friday, May 24, 2013

Eternal Fire

I believe it is Isaiah, chapter 33, that refers to "eternal fire."  He does not mean hell.  He is referring to God as the Eternal Fire!  Maybe the institutional church got a bit carried away when it used this term to refer to a hell after death, flames and all, to punish us for not obeying the rules.  With Isaiah, when we die, we all enter into the eternal fire of God, who is Love, I believe.  I, who have messed up, will have this mess refined away, to become all that I could have been in this world, except without a body.  The sadness of discovering what I could have been but was not in this life, will be the pain.  But, this pain will be embraced by Love into a union with God that makes the pain more a memory, than a present hurt.  Love can do this.  Actually, if I would let God love me more now, I might not mess up so much.  Maybe Satan, with that big ego, is the only kind of person who can resist Love.  Hell is for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment