Monday, May 5, 2014

A Guide

I recently ate food purchased at a Japanese supermarket.  My first time to buy food at such a place and eat it.  It is not the same experience as a Japanese restaurant, to which I have already gone in the past.  In the supermarket I get to see all the foods, not just a menu of them.  So many choices, so much variety.  I had a guide, a priest friend who was familiar with things in the store.  Yet I picked out something different than he did.  My choice was delicious, and inexpensive too.  A guide, a mentor, is most helpful when going to some place new and different.  For one, they can save you from mistakes that are commonly made.  This helps to have a good first experience.  Some people would rather just go it alone.  I will go back to this supermarket and Japanese food.  A bad first experience can make all the difference to many of us.  So why try to find God all by yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment