Friday, May 2, 2014

Love Is Fleeting

For me, loving San Francisco is a fleeting emotion.  One day it is warm, sunny, no cold ocean breeze.  I never want to leave.  I will stay here forever.  Suddenly, everything changes.  Partly cloudy, cold, brisk wind off the water, dampness everywhere, bone chilling.  I can't wait to get out of here.  The house is cold and so on.  This town challenges me to love day in and day out, with some acceptance and some hope.  One grows spiritually living in the challenges of San Francisco weather.  To keep an even keel, one needs acceptance, hope, patience, and imagination to find indoor things to do.  And of course you get lots of days off from purgatory for all the suffering in bad weather.  This can be fun town for suffering…until the big one, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment