Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Ignoring The Pope

For three popes in a row I pretty much did not follow their line of thinking.  Sometimes I thought that maybe I was not a very good Catholic, being contrary and deaf-eared.  Many people around me had no problem with the Popes and what they said.  Then along came Francis I.  Suddenly, all those people who listened and followed the popes I ignored, were now ignoring Pope Francis.  They thought he did not know what he was talking about.  So now I realize that we Catholics agree or disagree with a Pope depending on what he is saying.  We don't change our views.  We just wait for the next Pope.  Anyhow, with this Pope I have suddenly become a good Catholic.  He is pretty old though, so I am not sure how long I will be this good Catholic.  I am riding a wave.

1 comment:

  1. Well I hope you continue your surfing for a long time. Thanks for your wisdom and chuckles.

    ReplyDelete