Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Who'd A Thought!

Today, I am a priest 37 years.  My friends in San Francisco gave me three weeks to three months after I left the Brokerage business, before I would be out of the seminary and back in San Francisco partying and playing.  They had cause for doubts.  I had rough patches, long patches in which I was a jerk, with self-will run riot.  It is all Grace.  I have survived myself, my silliness, and obtuseness.  I don't think God is finished with me.  Surprises are still to come.

8 comments:

  1. Congrats! Thanks for all the missives you post. Right on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perseverance, my friend! Live and learn--you are a great teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!
    It is truly a miracle to survive ourselves, and come into a Purpose in spite of ourselves...
    You have done much good that I am aware of, and much more that none of us are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of the above and your best is to come. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!! Through all the ups and downs you have been an inspiration in spreading the Word!! God knew what a gift he had given you and put a call on your heart that you could not refuse. God's destiny!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes you simply are unaware how many you have helped, like me! Many thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy for you and sad for me. I always had faith that you knew in your heart your true calling.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats! I really appreciate your work.

    ReplyDelete