Wednesday, December 31, 2014

End Of Year

Well it is the last day of the year.  I look back and ask what good have I done?  I am a bit of a failure.  I did not harvest much hay at the monastery this summer.  That took up two months.  I did not get much work in San Francisco, so I am not sought after there.  That is another couple of months.  In Florida and Boulder I give a couple of good workshops a year, but that is but a few hours total. However there is a bright side. On the plus ledger people seem to like me.  I am not brilliant, but I am likable.  I don't know why, which is probably good. Then I don't try and make it happen, or manipulate things.  So it is a successful year in the likeability side of things.  It must be a gift.  So if God did not make you smart but did make you likable, then consider it a good year.  I do know some smart people, but they are not very nice.  I hope you are not one of them!  Happy New Year!

4 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you Fr. Terry. Don't sell yourself short as you are both smart and liked. I read your blog every day and it has helped me immensely in my spiritual quest. Peace and Hope for this next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy year 2015! . You never know who you touch forever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think one reason people like you and enjoy reading your blog is that in the past year your sharing has become so much more personal and people can relate well to a priest who is willing to take himself off a pedestal and become more real to his followers.
    Maybe AA is an opportunity to allow one to get more real...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I think God's grace has found you and through you, us.

    ReplyDelete