Wednesday, December 3, 2014

No Coincidences

I got on the wrong tram at San Francisco Airport.  I have been using that train many times, but thought I knew a better route.  Wrong.  I was taken not to the terminal I wanted but to a distant rental car drop off.  Why does God hate me, I whined.  Got to get to my plane.  The tram eventually turned around and began to move to my now distant terminal.  Some Koreans got on.  They did not speak English, or not much of it.  They all got off at the International terminal, except for one man.  The doors closed and he was still inside the train.  I told him how to get back to his friends and family by getting off at the next stop, walking across the platform and getting on the train that was about to go the other way and take him back.  I pointed and watched him get on the train to take him back to his family.  What if I was not there?  It is a God coincidence.  I was meant to go the wrong way, so as to be a good samaritan to this fellow traveler.  I did not make my flight.  I made an earlier one without paying any extra fee.  The attendant did not have to do that, but she did.  Turns out my plane was delayed but the earlier one left on time.  What an amazing day, and I don't even care to travel!

2 comments:

  1. Love you Fr. Terry. I especially love how you show us life is all in God's good time. I have problems thinking I am in control. Must follow your example and just show up and find the Grace in everything! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love God coincidences. Always good for turning my outlook 180 degrees. Kind of like God taps us on the shoulder and points our head in a different direction.

    ReplyDelete