Friday, July 3, 2015

Degree of Difficulty

Having conquered my fear and inertia at taking a bus from Boulder to Denver, I decided to up the degree of difficulty and go to the Denver Botanical Gardens.  This is the now familiar bus to Denver,  the free downtown tram for several stops and then a bus to the Gardens.  It was not a hassle at all.  It just took time, but lessened my carbon footprint.  I got to see some of Denver along the way and saw how I could get to the Cathedral without driving.  No parking there anyway.  When I left the museum, the adventure got more interesting.  I went to the corner where the bus was supposed to pick me up to go back downtown.  No signage.  What corner is the bus going to be on?  I have learned to ask questions.  I saw a fellow on a porch of a corner home.  I asked him and he pointed to a bench that was partially hidden by shrubbery.  Sure enough, there was a bus pole and sign, hidden by tree vines. Ask questions.  Be patient.  Say "Hail Mary's."  It all works.  I do not want the degree of travel difficulty beat me down into driving when the public system is just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment