Thursday, July 23, 2015

Veracity

Yesterday, in response to my blog about my sister Maureen, her daughter, my niece Kathy, posted a beautiful picture of my sister on Facebook.  There were lots of positive comments about how lovely, and beautiful Maureen looked.  This of course put my veracity into doubt, since I said my sister was a witch.  Now I am a Catholic priest, and veracity is quite important in my field.  Without veracity what am I?  Just another pretty face!  Come to think of it, my niece Kathy is quite lovely too.  Hmmm.   The fruit does not fall far from the tree.  I believe her husband and children think she at times does become a witch.  But back to defense of my veracity.  You see, witches have the power to disguise themselves as beautiful young women.  That is how witches get husbands, or so I hear from men several years after the wedding.  What do I know.  Celibacy saved me from witches, though I might work with a few in the office.  I have my suspicions.  Anyway, that is how my big sister Maureen can look beautiful and still be a witch.

2 comments:

  1. As the only boy and youngest in your family, you must miss your family so much. You all must be so close and you really became her big brother .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not witches - sages. Too bad you missed out.

    ReplyDelete