Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Dreadful

For eleven years I did not play golf.  I have clubs.  I like golf.  I guess I have no golf friends.  Who knows.  Anyway, recently I played an 18 hole round, the full course.  I was dreadful.  I lost several balls.  Well, more than several.  At the end of the round, I learned one new thing.  My right forearm hurt way down to the wrist.  This is unusual if you play golf properly.  The right forearm only guides the club for a right-handed hitter like me.  The left forearm is where the power of the swing comes into play.  The whole left side drives through the ball in the swing.  I had it backwards.  I was using the wrong arm to try and swing the club.  I was using the arm incorrectly, so it got sore from a movement not natural to it.  I have all the body parts to play golf.  I just need to use the parts correctly.  A message for living life.  I have all I need for a spiritual life.  I just don't know how to use the parts.  God really isn't all that demanding.  I just find it so because I have the parts all wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment