Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Maureen

My big sister, Maureen, would have been 76 today had she lived.  She died eleven years ago this past April.  If she went straight to heaven, it would prove that miracles are possible, and who does not want to believe in miracles.  I hope she is in heaven, but I wonder.  If she is in heaven, she must be good, and if good, then she must be praying for me to finally become a good boy.  That was always her wish for me.  But I am not yet a good boy.  I am bad.  So maybe she is not in heaven yet, and cannot pray for my conversion?  So pray she gets out of purgatory and can pray for me.  I cannot seem to make it on my own.  Who can?

5 comments:

  1. I have always loved your Maureen homilies. I remember when she died. You were with us in Knoxville back then. I remember that you were chosen to help care for her at the end. And did so lovingly.
    You were a good boy, and you are a good man now!!! Maureen always knew that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Maureen - probably the best present ever is for you to celebrate your inner saint that Maureen has always had faith in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too enjoyed the appearance of Maureen in your homilies; perhaps because I am her age, and had brothers (though they rarely listened to me!) She must be in heaven (any of us humans getting there is a miracle).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Maureen. Thank you for the love you showered on TR.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know what seminary you went to, but the things you write do not resemble Roman Catholic teaching, doctrine, dogma or catechism. Why aren't YOU praying for your sister's soul instead of worrying about her praying for you? And you might want to go to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass and read the Holy Bible if you don't believe in miracles. A Miracle happens every time a validly ordained priest invokes the epiclesis and transforms mere bread and wine into the actual living Sacred Body and Precious Blood of our Lord Jesus Christ. Scripture contains many examples of miracles performed by Jesus and his apostles. If your blog is meant to be funny or sacrcastic - you have failed. If you are serious, I will be praying for God's mercy for you.

    ReplyDelete