Sunday, July 26, 2015

Focus

Here at the monastery the focus is on Christ, this is, what has my thinking or actions got to do with Christ, being one with Christ, being in union with Christ.  You say this has nothing to do with your life?  Think again.  What is important to you?  Your marriage? Family? Business? Sobriety?  Whatever it is, you then might ask yourself what your thinking at any one moment has to do with whatever you say is important in your life.  What has this activity or thought to do with my marriage? My sobriety? My family? Even the betterment of the world/environment?  When our thinking and actions have nothing to do with any of this, we often call it selfishness, being all about me.  It is usually exhibited as whining, self-centeredness to the max, complaining, resentment, wasting money on the unnecessary and unneeded, rampant consumerism, and so on.  If your find your marriage, family, soul, sobriety to be falling apart or fading, it began with your thinking.  The mind leads the way to disaster or peace.  Thoughts matter.

2 comments:

  1. This was helpful to me as I am in a whirl of confusion. Our doomed planet, the constant killings on the planet. the compassion, the worry about where is death going to come from etc. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen. Beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete