Saturday, July 4, 2015

Self-absorbed

While at the Botanical Gardens I went into a science building and was looking at a video about platlet movement.  I had pressed some buttons to get what I wanted and had a narrator explaining it to me on a tape.  Along comes a boy and asks what this is.  He looks at all the buttons and starts to press them.  Narration and picture gone.  Me seemingly invisible.  I refrained from telling the boy he is a jerk.  When he is older, if he is lucky he will realize that he is only the center of his delusional universe.  He may be the last to know he is a jerk.  I hope not, but I suspect he will pay many times over in personal misery for the slight he gave me that day.  He is a grace in my life.  He reminds me a bit of myself...there but for the grace of God.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment