Wednesday, December 12, 2018

A King Or Queen

The king or queen, if she is the ruler, were supposed to exemplify the highest ideals of the people.  That is why their authority is bestowed on them by God, and they are crowned by a religious potentate, such as the Pope.  Napoleon crowned himself.  So much for living up to the highest ideals. Anyhow, royalty as ruler fell into disrepute because, well, kings and queens are human, flawed, and sometimes bad and crazy.  We now elect our leaders.  Any USA President still takes his oath with a hand on the Bible.  We still hold out hope that religious leaders, ordained for example, will live up to the highest ideals which is why we get so bummed by pedophilia.  But we do not expect so much from our elected officials.  I think term limits are the practical answer to elected officials.  If the majority thinks they are bad, then we can elect someone else.  This does not work for Supreme Court Justices, appointed for life.  Married people often asked for God’s blessing, because they were going to try to live up to some high ideals, such as unconditional love forever in this life.  So I ask myself this: Have I today asked God to bless me so that I can live up to high ideals?  After all, this day is a gift.  I have been crowned with life.  So if you dump God from your life today, whose ideals are you following?  What power will make you better than mediocre?  You can do it all by yourself?  Maybe that is why we have such a mess today.  Too much self-will run riot.

1 comment:

  1. After moving back to the Bay Area I was making new friends with the boys on the block, I was 6 or 7. A faceless man was watching and invited me in to his home. Another boy laughed and said it would be ok, and wanting to be liked I did.The man lead me into his bedroom and performed unwanted sexual acts on me. On the way out he said I could never tell anyone lest my family be hurt. I understood, besides I didn’t have words to describe what happened neither the open relationship with anyone to tell. I buried that for 40 years until it came out at a bottom in my life in an unhealthy way. Strangely and innocently enough the victim became the victimizer as an adolescent and later lust became an addiction stoked with alcohol and drugs.
    Thankfully I found spirituality through caring doctors, therapist trained in childhood sexual abuse and help through many 12 step groups in the last 8 years, not cured, but slowly...gradually forgiving myself for what God has already forgiven. Thank you for letting me share when triggered by that bummer pedophilia...

    ReplyDelete