Monday, December 3, 2018

AM And PM

Recently my new ex-friend, Deborah A and I were going to meet to go to her exercise club.  She had a guest pass and I wanted to see her club setup. Then we would go for coffee and treats.  She said she would “pick me up at 5 and we could do a Pilate’s class at 5:15.”  Ouch!  That is awful early, but Deborah travels a lot for work and I do some too, so this was a precious time to visit.  I dragged myself out of bed at 4+AM something and was at the door ready to go into the cold air at 5 AM.  No Deborah.  5:15 AM and no Deborah.  I texted.  5:20 AM no Deborah.  I thought, “She hates me.”  Then, “I am so inconsequential to her that she got up and went to the club and forgot all about me.”  Ex-friend file.  Then she texted me:  “I meant 5:00 PM!”  OMG.  I neve thought to ask, but being damaged goods, I could not blame my stupidity, so I blamed her for not being more clear.  Who works out at night anyway!  Then, I thought, why should I get upset.  I lose a chance for specialty coffee and treats, and some time with Deborah.  It is all about me, no?  So I took her off the Ex-Friend list.  We got together two days later and I had my coffee and treat.  Don’t be like me, and I don’t mean the self-centered part.  Ask questions and don’t assume.  Take responsibility for your life. And hold onto your friends.  Do as I say, not as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment