Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Rest

Rest is not always about leisure.  There is bad “rest” as in “All the rest is from the evil one.”  How much of this rest do I have?  I have a blanket.  I need a blanket for the cold.  I have a second blanket as sometimes it is colder than normal.  Bu why do I have the third blanket?  This third blanket is part of the “rest is from the evil one.”  Excess.  Waste for me, but useful for someone with no blanket.  You can do this with clothes and all the other “stuff” you have.  How much is “rest?” Are you a slave to rest?  That is, you don’t have the freedom to say no to something you actually don’t really need.  So, as I get rid of “rest” I am actually practicing freedom, in addition to freeing up some space where I live that had contained all this “rest.”  As you approach Christmas season shopping, you might ask if you are really free or a slave when it comes to shopping/consuming.  Lighten Santa’s load.  He is getting old.  But I hope he still comes to visit me!  I will have M&Ms for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment