Friday, December 14, 2018

Lucy

How fortunate for me that yesterday, as I woke up with a “shiner” as they call a swollen area around the eye, all discolored, I find out that it is the feast of St. Lucy!  She is the patron saint for those who have eye issues.  Lucy means light.  Now some of you scoff at all this piety stuff, but not me.  Why?  Well, I am stuck at home icing my eye and stitched wound all day long.  My friends are busy with lots of other things to do.  But I am not alone, because I have St. Lucy who has my back.  It makes me feel better.  For me, faith is very practical on a day like this.  It takes me out of feeling lonely and ignored, and puts me into a place of gratitude with a feeling of companionship.  Some might call this a crutch, but don’t we use crutches when we have injured legs and back?  I am injured.  Lucy is my aide.  I just wish she would bring me a cappuccino.  Lucy, please get one of my friends to bring me a cappuccino!

No comments:

Post a Comment