Saturday, December 8, 2018

Evan Hansen

The musical play, “Dear Evan Hansen” deals with issues that face young people today.  The issues: does anyone like me for myself?  Do I have friends?  Will anyone miss me when I am not here?  So many people feel that they have to be someone they are not, in order to be accepted, fit in, be popular, liked.  We don’t get time to discover ourselves or develop our natural uniqueness, because we are trying to fit in.  We wonder if the person who attracts us will like us.  How do we talk to that person? So much stress in what is supposed to be an educational opportunity, school.  With all this going through one’s head, it is no wonder that they cannot get still enough to meditate.  When you are not sure you even like yourself, why would you want to be still and silent with just you?  I hope that I don’t have to come back as an adolescent or teenager.  I did so so, a bit clueless the first time around.  How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment