Thursday, December 13, 2018

MOHS

Well, yesterday morning I had some skin cut away near my left eye to get rid of bad cells so I would not develop Melanoma.  The surgery is called MOHS.  This is the third time I have had it on some part of my face.  I am light-skinned Irish who tried to become dark skinned during past summers, some youthful and some later when I should have known better.  For us Irish, we reap what we sow.  My ancestors could have stayed in Ireland, starved to death and I would not be here.  So it is a tradeoff and I am grateful, that I am here, and that there is a procedure developed by a Doctor Mohs to keep me healthy.  Though I am sore and have a black eye, I am trying to practice acceptance and gratitude.  I think healing of the body is greatly assisted by a good mental and spiritual attitude.  Whining, and self-pity won't assist healing the body.  If you are thinking of a future career, try dermatology.  I see students on college campuses and in high schools lying in the warm sun to tan.  The future will have no shortage of clients in the skin healing business. Or in the spiritual recovery business for that matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment