Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Belief Not Necessary

You don’t have to believe in God as an idea in your head to become a saint.  Say what?  Well, just do everything with love.  That is a sufficient belief in God.  Would you not rather have people who act with love, but say they don’t believe in doctrine, than someone who believes their catechism in their head, but is a whiny, selfish person?  I have seen plenty of the latter and not too many of the former.  I know this because I am never surprised at bad behavior, but am in awe of loving behavior.  Why not make your goal today to be an awesome person, that is, someone who does everything with love.  Maybe wear a mask for starters and don’t hoard when you shop.  And maybe not visiting our loved ones, and relatives might be the best way to keep them safe and healthy.  I would rather miss people I love for the next year plus, than have them dead because I got on a plane to go visit, or went into their home when I might be a-symptomatic.  The post office still functions and you can get stamps on line or in the supermarket when shopping.  Send me chocolate.  Oops!  Being selfish.  Miss you.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for these practical reminders to practice love rather than give lip service to it and then to ignore the really important acts of kindness we can put into action during many small and sometimes greater moments in our daily lives.

    ReplyDelete