Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Temporal Pleasures

What is wrong with temporal pleasures?  I like temporal pleasures.  What I must be vigilant about is greed.  Temporal pleasures have limits as to their ability to please.  One limit is “too much” as in drink or chocolate.  Well, maybe just drink.  Another limit is that we don’t always see that something is bad for us or bad for the other person with whom we are engaged in “temporal pleasures.”  Sex of course would be obvious when we are simply selfish.  Would you take someone into deep water who says they cannot swim, just because you love to swim?  Would you offer a diabetic chocolate simply because you love chocolate yourself?  And some temporal pleasures are good for someone else but absolutely a disaster for me.  So I have to watch for greed, self-centeredness, and forgetfulness when I look at temporal pleasures.  So far, I am safe with chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment