Thursday, May 21, 2020

Cleaning Up

When I clean my room and bathroom and launder and change my bedding and towels, I try not to get caught up in the attitude, “when this is over then I will have fun” or “then I will do what I want.”  Why spend a couple of hours living for the future, and whining about the present?  I try to make my attitude more upbeat.  First, I have my own room and my own bathroom to clean, or even if I share a bathroom, I am making it nicer for someone(s) else, which is practicing selflessness.  I might play some music.  Take a small break here and there.  Think of how I am helping my health by getting rid of that Covid grime.  And I don’t hurry to get it over with.  Life is too short to be hurrying to get to something else.  I might miss surprises right in front of me, in the present moment.  A clean room is a way to be good to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment