Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Cleaning Up

 I used to whine, murmur, and mumble to myself whenever my turn came up to clean up the kitchen and wash down the floor.  It is a big monastery kitchen.  But then one day I thought of Jesus.  He was a carpenter in a small town.  He must have had to clean up his carpenter shop/floor with all those shavings and mess one makes when making something.  So I began to think of myself as imitating Jesus when I mopped the floor.  Now what if Jesus did not clean up after himself?  Well, I doubt my Mother would have stayed a Catholic or if she did, she would have dressed God down for being messy.  Or maybe Jesus wasn't God if Jesus was messy.  My Mom was big time housekeeper and she believed that males could and should do housework.  Now if you are thinking about marrying someone or partnering up, or are already bound together, you might ask yourself if housework is an important issue between you.  I have yet to read a survey that says housekeeping differences split, divided up or caused strife in a couple. But don't wait for a survey.  Now my Dad did not care for housekeeping, nor did my sisters, (I was the good child), but Mom was formable, so everyone did it, murmuring perhaps.  But if they read this blog they will know that they were following Jesus all that time. Or else Jesus could not be God.  God can't be messy.  So how is your domicile?

1 comment:

  1. Good Morning Father
    I see cleaning as cleaning oneself, ie brushing my teeth,having a shower,having clean clothes,having a clean table to have my breakfast, so i see to have all those working towards a cohesive day cleaning is part of god's way of showing you you a clean path of life love and happiness
    So my motto is clean as you go about makes life a very clean place to love and enjoy
    Have a clean happy day to all

    ReplyDelete