Saturday, September 26, 2020

Frustration/Acceptance

I was driving up to the monastery from The Front Range.  It is trip that takes me about three and a half hours when there is not much traffic, early morning.  This particular day, I decided to drive up in the middle of the day and see the Aspen leaf colors in bright sunlight.   I shall never drive up in the middle of the day again.  There was a traffic slowdown due to "road repair."  What took about 10 minutes, took an hour and a half, and it was hot.  I could not use my aire conditioner at that stop and oh so slow go.  Finally, I arrived at the one lane point of "road repair."  Six hard hats, in their blazing yellow outfits, not a spec of dirt on them, were in a circle talking with one another.  I saw no other workers doing anything, nor any repair trucks moving. Acceptance was not the first thing that came to me.  I was not in any fit spiritual condition.  I tried to tell myself that I had ample opportunity to see the Fall tree colors, as we went two miles an hour along the interstate, and that I had reinforced my decision to never drive that highway in the middle of the day.  Early, very early morning is the only way to go.  I never could figure out what it was that needed repair.  But my spiritual condition always needs work.  If I stand around talking to myself, not much gets done.  

No comments:

Post a Comment